Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Read Hebrews 1:1-4. Describe some of the ways in which Jesus Christ is superior. In what way is Jesus greater than the Old Testament prophets? What attributes of Jesus make Him greater than the angels? Describe what is it about Jesus that makes Him so great to you.
3. Consider the meaning of the Jew’s accusation that Jesus was a Samaritan. How did most Jews regard the Samaritans (cf. John 4:19)? What was it about the Samaritans that offended most Jews (cf. 2 Kings 17; Ezra 4; Nehemiah 6)?
4. What are some unique characteristics of Jesus’ genealogy? What was the importance of His human genealogy (cf. Matthew 1; Luke 3)? How do we know that Jesus is truly the Son of God (cf. Romans 1:1-4)?
5. What inspires you most about the resolve with which Jesus lived His life? Does Jesus doing nothing of His own initiative make Him less significant or important than the Father (cf. John 8:28; 12:50; etc.)? Does our total submission to the Father make us less significant or important? Elaborate on these ideas.
6. In what way was Abraham great? How is Jesus greater than Abraham (cf. Hebrews 12:2)? Describe how Jesus is superior to Moses (cf. Hebrews 3:1-4). How has Jesus shown Himself to be greater than the Old Testament priests and the Aaronic priesthood (cf. Hebrews 4-7)?
7. Describe the glory of Jesus Christ. Does the glory of Christ diminish or interfere with the glory of God the Father? Explain. In what way has the Father glorified the Son (cf. Acts 2:34-36; 3:13; Philippians 2:9-11)? What are some ways in which we can glorify Jesus? Would you say that your are glorifying Christ?
8. What are some of the impressive qualities of King Solomon in Scripture (cf. 1 Kings 4:29-34)? What was the source of Solomon’s wisdom (cf. 1 Kings 3)? In what way does the wisdom and knowledge of Jesus exceed Solomon’s? How is Jesus’ knowledge of the Father superior to all others (cf. John 1:18; 6:46; 7:29; 10:15; 17:25)?
9. What is the implication of Jesus stating, “Before Abraham was born I am” (cf. Exodus 3)? How does the greatness of Jesus impact His promises to us?