Life Group Questions:
1. If you were not able to hear this week’s sermon, consider going to the church website and listening to it. What are some main ideas that you gathered from the sermon? What, if any, questions did the sermon cause for you or do you desire to have additional clarification?
2. Describe the similarities and differences between Jesus’ disciples and Nicodemus and the Samaritan woman. Why do you think the disciples were so intent on having Jesus eat food? What point was Jesus trying to make by His response to their request?
3. What was the food that Jesus had that His disciples knew nothing about? Why didn’t the disciples know about this food of which Jesus spoke? Have you ever eaten of the food that Jesus mentioned? Explain.
4. How significant is doing the will of God and accomplishing His work to your life? How do your thoughts and efforts for doing the will of God compare with your planning and participation of daily meals? Do you think about the will of God as much as food? Is that realistic or feasible? Do you enjoy accomplishing the will of God as much as enjoying your favorite meal? Explain.
5. What is the harvest which Jesus spoke of in verse 35? Jesus mentions the idea of looking three times in this verse. Why is it that the disciples did not clearly see the harvest? How do we overlook the harvest sometimes? How can we better recognized the harvest that God has for us to enjoy?
6. Describe the role of sowers and reapers in the kingdom of God. Which role is more important to the work of God? Are you a sower or a reaper? Can or should we be both? Is it ok to be neither? Explain. How can we become better sowers and reapers?
7. What field has God given to Macedonia Church? Do you see a harvest that is ready to harvest? Describe how we can become better sowers and reapers in our local area. Do you think that Macedonia is doing well at sowing and reaping? Why or why not?
8. Where is God sending you to sow and reap? Is God speaking to you about a place where He wants you to go for the purpose of sowing or reaping? Are you willing to be a sower and/or reaper where God has you now? Are you willing to go wherever God desires to send you? Take time to commit this to the Lord.